CL in a Content-Type in a Document Library causes an error.

Mar 27, 2009 at 11:19 AM

When i use Connected Lookup in a Content-Type in a Document Library an error occurs when I upload/save a new file into the Document Library with the custom CT.

The error occurs when the Edit Form loads in order to set the values for the fields of the content type.

This Control is the only non OOB control in the Content Type.

The error is as follow:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.]
  System.Boolean.Parse(String value) +10139700
  MayaIntl.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.ConnectedLookupField.get_CanBeParent() +84
  MayaIntl.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.ConnectedLookupFieldControl.SyncStorageSelect() +685
  MayaIntl.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.ConnectedLookupFieldControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +146
  System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
  System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +191
  System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428

Any ideia how to correct this behaviour?

Best Regards

Jun 21, 2010 at 6:15 AM

Hi,

I am also got the same error message when I try to use it as Content Type + Pages library. Any solution for this?

Regards,
Prakash