Connected Lookups on Document Libraries not working properly

Mar 15, 2009 at 7:41 AM
I have tried to use the connected lookup on document libraries and it is working fine when the document is uploaded and then attempting to change the properties at hte sharepoint site, however, if i clicked on create new document and attempted to set up the columns values from the word fields the parent and child columns dependency is not maintained... that is, duplicate values are displayed in the drop downs 

thanks alot 
Coordinator
Mar 15, 2009 at 1:04 PM
Thanks for sharing this observation.
Mar 15, 2009 at 1:17 PM
welcome anytime .. thanks for the great efforts,
is there a workaround for this problem?
I also found that when i try to edit the properties of a document (from the sharepoint) and change the value on a dropdown, a "unexpected error has occured" page is displayed with a link to web parts maintenance page.. what could be the reason for this error?

Thanks a lot for your time and support :)
Coordinator
Mar 15, 2009 at 2:00 PM
I will look into that and thanks again.
May 14, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Leonidly

I think this is an excellent piece of code and greatly adds to the capabilities that Lists have in SharePoint, but I'm wondering though if you have made progress in respect of the 'problem' around creating a 'New' document if this is a Document Library?  Uploading is fine. and also modifiying the properties through SharePoint's 'Edit Properties' - it all works as it should.  However as other people have identified, using Word (either Office 2003 or Office 2007) to edit the document properties you get all the entries - multiples in the list - of the same option.

If you have made any progress around this I'd be very grateful.  If this is something for future fixes, I'd really appreciate knowing hoped for timescales.

Thanks again.

Merley72

Coordinator
May 15, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Integration with Office client applications is well beyond SharePoint scope. In fact, any custom lookup field will have problem with Office apps.