Designer

Jan 9, 2009 at 11:31 AM
Hi,

First; congratulations for your great work. I think i've a issue on connected lookup. In designer when insert a custom list form from Insert menu --> Sharepoint controls, the connected lookup fields throws exceptions for System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, on mscorlib.

I saved anyway the page ( new item form). When i try to insert a new element on the list with this new page; no value was stored for connected lookupfield: ¿Any ideas?

Thank u.
Coordinator
Jan 9, 2009 at 3:46 PM

The integration with SPD is in TODO list. Please provide snapshots and your steps for reproduction of the issues.

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:17 PM
Great piece of work!!  I have exactly the same issue when using Designer to insert either a new item form or as multiple item view with insert or edit links.  See link to screen shot showing insert in Designer and resulting errors on page.  The controls showing the error are all connected lookup fields.  Any progress on integration with SPD or advice on how to manually correct the error?

http://www.mediafire.com/?kdinfrdtjhf
Apr 1, 2009 at 4:43 PM
Excellent tool, thanks a lot for it !
I have the same issue when creating  a Custom list form in Sharepoint Designer , all connected lookup fields appear with error security.permission on mscorlib
When saving, and inserting new item through the form, the fields appear but are not submitted into the source list.
Any solution would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
F.
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2009 at 1:54 AM
Apologies , the fix to the issue is not in near future.
Apr 2, 2009 at 9:08 AM
Hi again,
I found a workaround to get the data inserted into the list using a Custom List Form (Sharepoint Designer).

Remove the default Save button, and replace it with an Input Button (In the Toolbox, Form Controls part).

Then assign Form actions to this button (right-clic on the button and open Form actions...)
Add [Custom action], then open Settings.
You are now working with Workflow Designer, and in the Actions section, you can choose "Create List Item".
There you can assign values from fields (included Connected lookup ones) , and they will be inserted in your list.

Just a last thing, the mscorlib error is still displayed in SP, but the form is working !!

F.
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2009 at 12:09 AM
Thanks for posting your solution!
Feb 15, 2010 at 5:17 PM

HI,

First of all, Great lookup field. but i am facing same issue. i. e "In designer when insert a custom list form from Insert menu --> Sharepoint controls, the connected lookup fields throws exceptions for System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, on mscorlib."

Is there any update / patch available on same.

Thanks