Limited Nested level - 4

Dec 19, 2008 at 2:45 PM
Hi Leonid,

I have also installed v2.0 on WSS v3.0 but also have come across the 4 levels limitation.  Are there any plans to increase this depth at all, please?

I would love to test any future versions for you.
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2008 at 8:31 PM
Edited Dec 19, 2008 at 10:25 PM
Will look into the the issue. Please provide the Error message if you got any.

Also, please specify the replication steps to use with the Employees list provided in the Quick Start example.
Dec 19, 2008 at 9:19 PM
Hi,

I have to go into work tomorrow, so I will fire the machine up & capture the error message. Appart from the fact it bombs out at more than 4 levels, this is a fantastic piece of work. We have been wondering how we could provide the users with a foolproof mechanism to select the sites hierarchy in WSS. We intend using this to record the structure location for items placed in a global custom image library, but we don't want to give them freedom to type their own locations. An enhancement to our particular issue will be to capture each site level, then use it with an upload control to push the files onto a mirror of the sites on our NAS box. Keeping the objects out of SQL but giving them a hyperlink to locate them later.

Cheers,
Ian

To: [email removed]
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:31:09 -0800
Subject: Re: Limited Nested level - 4 [cl:42684]

Will look into the the issue. Please provide the Error message if you got any.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (cl@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email cl@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
Dec 22, 2008 at 4:54 AM
Hi Leonidly,
First up, this is a great piece of work. Its usefulness scores over everything. We have been using this software for a while and I do see most/all of the issues that is reported in codeplex and in your blog. I do a good deal of coding and was able to fix some of these issues and am eager to contribute my fixes - not really sure how i can do.
This issue of nested levels being limited to 4 levels is fixed in our code. Let me know how i can pass on the fix to you, if that will save your time.

Regards,
Sarathy

Jan 5, 2009 at 4:47 PM
Hi Leonidly,

I did send the error message via my work email before Xmas but when I checked the discussion thread the cupboard was bare !

I realise sarathy1980 has offered a fix for this and a few other issues, is it likely this will be available in the near future?

So here goes:-

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot complete this action.

Please try again.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80004005): Cannot complete this action.

Please try again.]
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.GetListItemDataWithCallback(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, String bstrViewName, String bstrViewXml, SAFEARRAYFLAGS fSafeArrayFlags, ISP2DSafeArrayWriter pSACallback, ISPDataCallback pPagingCallback, ISPDataCallback pSchemaCallback) +0
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetListItemDataWithCallback(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, String bstrViewName, String bstrViewXml, SAFEARRAYFLAGS fSafeArrayFlags, ISP2DSafeArrayWriter pSACallback, ISPDataCallback pPagingCallback, ISPDataCallback pSchemaCallback) +132

[SPException: Cannot complete this action.

Please try again.]
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetListItemDataWithCallback(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, String bstrViewName, String bstrViewXml, SAFEARRAYFLAGS fSafeArrayFlags, ISP2DSafeArrayWriter pSACallback, ISPDataCallback pPagingCallback, ISPDataCallback pSchemaCallback) +180
   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItemCollection.EnsureListItemsData() +1529
   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItemCollection.get_Count() +48
   MayaIntl.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.ConnectedLookupFieldControl.get_DataSource() +493
   MayaIntl.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.ConnectedLookupFieldControl.UpdateBinding() +50
   MayaIntl.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.ConnectedLookupFieldControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +59
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +80
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPart.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +842

Regards,
Ian
Coordinator
Jan 6, 2009 at 2:28 PM
Ian,
I am working to integrate/test the solution for this issue kindly shared by Thanda. It will be available in the next build.
Leonid
Coordinator
Jan 15, 2009 at 10:14 PM
Build 2.0.011509.0 addresses this issue.
Feb 16, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Hi,

I have been side tracked onto other work but have just installed the latest update of the software. I am having an issue with the first columns data. In that, if I select (none) as the parent, when I save the settings the (none) is replaced with the actual field name and then gives me an error message 'Suspicion about the infinite loop in BuildHierarchy'

Any clues, please?

Cheers,
Ian